Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweet & Tangy Chicken

I made this meal yesterday.  It is a favorite in the Morrow house.

Here is the recipe:
1 lb chicken breast
1 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
onion and/or garlic to taste

[If you want, saute the onion first.]
Brown chicken breast (do not cook the whole way through).  Mix sugar, flour, salt and pepper.  Stir in water, soy sauce, and vinegar.  Add to chicken.  Cover and boil then simmer for 25ish minutes.

Serve with rice.

**I cut the recipe in half last night for just me and Dean.  I didn't want left overs and there was just enough sauce for the 2 chicken breasts.**

2 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds yummy! How did it turn out with the splenda?

Bonnie said...

It was delicious only a little sweeter because of the splenda. Think I will use a little less next time.