Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Full Term


Here I am today at 37.5 weeks pregnant-- FULL TERM! :)  So hard to believe that the end is so near.  The nursery is ready, the car seat is in the car, and the bags are packed (almost).  Come on little one!!  We cannot wait to meet this precious baby and we know that he or she will be the most perfect addition to our little family.

Since being diagnosed with gestational diabetes around week 30, my doctors have been watching me a little bit more close.  I have been going into the hospital for non-stress tests weekly to monitor the baby's heartbeat.  Last week when I went in, Baby must have been napping and wasn't too active.  My blood pressure was also slightly elevated which made the doctors think I might have the beginnings of pre-eclampsia.  I sipped on some apple juice and Baby started to cooperate for the test.  

I left the hospital and went straight to my regular scheduled check-up at the doctor's office.  My appointment was with my favorite doctor in the practice.  I had a great check-up.  She checked me and I'm 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced.  She said my body is doing everything it is supposed to to get ready to have the baby.  However, the doctors ended up putting me on bed rest due to my blood pressure.  So since Thursday afternoon I have been on bed rest.  This morning the doctor called after reviewing some rest results from Friday and I'm no longer on bed rest but I'm to just "take it easy."  They will monitor my blood pressure and have another non-stress test on Wednesday.

Dean has been wonderful picking up the slack over the weekend and waiting on me.  He and his mom cleaned our house on Sunday, and I am very grateful for that.  I had made a list of things I have been wanting to get done and clean and I was about to "nest" through them.

No comments: